I have over 15 years of professional and field experience in evolutionary and ecological biology, and statistical modeling. My strengths lie in applying theories to research and sharing my passion through teaching. My work experience includes both academic and non-government agencies, in both the field and laboratory. I have applied my theoretical knowledge to both conservation projects as well as evolutionary investigations.
- Established theoretical base and working knowledge of biological concepts, modeling and statistical analysis
- Knowledgeable in research and experimental methods, including highly formulated field skills.
- Proficient in computer and statistical software
- Aptitude in presenting materials using a variety of techniques and delivery methods.
- Well-developed communication skills, including technical and scientific reports.
- Ability to identify, resolve, and make recommendations for many problems or issues.
- Experienced supervisor and mentor
- Fluent in six languages including: English, Danish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, German
- Ontario class G driver’s license
Areas of Expertise
STRONG BIOLOGICAL THEORETICAL BASE:
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of the principles and practices in ecology, evolutionary science and marine sciences.
- Ran undergraduate tutorials on ecology, community ecology, evolution, and genetics.
EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN, DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYTICAL SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge of statistical software such as R, SAS, SPLUS
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and spatial statistical analysis and programs such as Passage, Jump, Systats, R-packages, SPSS.
- Experienced at creating the experimental design on projects including answering hypothesis driven research questions with an understanding of analysis to be used once the data has been collected.
- Experienced at the management of data from multiple partners in various forms such as databases (e.g. Access), spreadsheets (e.g. Excel) and shared documents (e.g Google Sheets).
- Skillful at interpreting data, looking for trends and irregularities, giving an honest assessment of implications and communicating and defending the results and the methods used.
- Skilled at Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency with field techniques including radio telemetry, live trapping, chemical immobilization, wildlife handling, PIT tagging, collection of biological samples
- Demonstrated ability to manage field equipment and ensure it is functioning properly
- Demonstrated ability to work in various weather conditions and remote locations.
- Demonstrated ability to collect fisheries and habitat data through a variety of methods including: electrofishing, seining, visual encounter, substrate classification, timed searches, mark-recapture, resource selection functions, capture per unit effort, etc.
- English (fluent oral and written)
- Danish (fluent oral and written)
- Icelandic (fluent oral and written)
- German (oral and written)
- Norwegian (fluent oral)
- Swedish (oral)